ant-dev mailing list archives

From Alexey Solofnenko <trel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: fileset inside IMPORT statement
Date Sat, 30 Apr 2005 15:34:48 GMT
The main advantange of using non-recursive builds is specifying corrent
target dependencies within subbuild files. That mean, for example, that
componentX.compile should depend on some other componentY.compile (or
componentY.jar, but using class directories is usually much easier). This
would allow future parallel executor to run more efficiently.

Seems reasonable, please file an enhancement bug. Personally I use a Jython
script to generate master build script. In addition to all includes it also
defines super targets that call the same targets in subbuilds (like "all",
"install", "unit-test", etc.).

- Alexey.