ant-dev mailing list archives

From Wascally Wabbit <wascallywab...@earthling.net>
Subject Re: Introducing AntUnit
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2005 16:08:44 GMT

At 10:31 AM 4/14/2005, you wrote:
>On Thu, 14 Apr 2005, Wascally Wabbit <wascallywabbit@earthling.net>
>wrote:
>
> > I have already created such a beast using Ant; the project is
> > waiting to to be cleaned up before being posted on Sourceforge
> > (at antunit).
>
>Let me see it! 8-)

The implementation is a bit out-of-date now, but you can have
it+javadocs+ramblings I wrote to myself on said topic. See
started testcase docs attached.

> > What are the chances of you taking a look-see so work isn't
> > duplicated?
>
>Absolutely.
>
> > My AntUnit is based on AntXtras (which does have licensing issues w/
> > LGPL) but the AntUnit code ideas could be transferred w/o any
> > problems?
>
>Possibly so.  If you are willing to donate/contribute it under the
>Apache Software License.

Ya ya. Please ask as necessary. I just want to leverage whatever
ends up in the Ant distrib.

> > Assertions are handled by the AntXtras/rules tasks.
>
>Does it do anything more fancy than our current macrodef around fail
>(or the stripped down <fail> I called <assertTrue>)?

I'm not sure which macrodef you're referring to here but it turned
on that the AntX assertions worked so well the AntUnit stuff
concentrates on test management stuff and has no assertions at all.
Most of my tasks I test from Ant; my JUnit stuff just calls the Ant
stuff using a modified BuildFileTest. See attached samples. I've
attached some testsuites I created w/ my assertions and plain Ant
as the run harness (no AntUnit).

>Cheers
>        Stefan

The Wabbit