ant-dev mailing list archives

From Wascally Wabbit <wascallywab...@earthling.net>
Subject Re: Introducing AntUnit
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2005 14:04:21 GMT
Stefan,

I have already created such a beast using Ant; the project is
waiting to to be cleaned up before being posted on Sourceforge
(at antunit). I had planned to get to it before summer's end.
Not to beat my own drum but it does a full JUnitisque framework
in Ant. It has not been released yet so there aren't any
licensing issues (LGPL vs Apache,etc.). What are the chances of
you taking a look-see so work isn't duplicated? My AntUnit is
based on AntXtras (which does have licensing issues w/ LGPL)
but the AntUnit code ideas could be transferred w/o any problems?

Features like log capturing and evaluation is already done by
AntXtras/capture tasks. Assertions are handled by the
AntXtras/rules tasks. Error-condition testing is handled by the
AntXtras/protect tasks.

-Just an idea
The Wabbit