ant-dev mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: replication from cvs.apache.org to actual web server
Date Fri, 29 Apr 2005 13:01:25 GMT

Antoine Levy-Lambert wrote:
> Hello Infrastructure,
>
> can it be that the replication system from cvs.apache.org to
> www.apache.org "forgets" to delete files which have been deleted on the
> source system ?
> The ant 1.6.2 distribution is removed since yesterday from
> cvs.apache.org:/www/www.apache.org/dist/ant, also the old release notes,
> but the replication system has only picked up new/changed files, but not
> deletions.

This has been reported before.

My best guess is that the rsync is ending with an error, which causes it
to ignore the --delete option.  This could be related to the frequent
errors we are seeing in /var/log/rsync.log on ajax.

This really needs someone with apmail access on minotaur to look into
it.  The answer may be in the apmail cron emails, or it may require
manually running bin/rsync-ajax as apmail and watching the output.

Joshua.