ant-dev mailing list archives

From Martijn Kruithof>
Subject Re: Antlib package names
Date Tue, 19 Apr 2005 17:20:24 GMT
Dominique Devienne wrote:

>>From: Stefan Bodewig []
>>for the svn tasks I've used, for the
>>"newer" antunit I've used org.apache.ant.antlibs.antunit.
>>I'd like to drop the "tools" for antlibs and I think antlibs should be
>>somewhere in the package names, so I'd turn the former into
>>Any other ideas, preferences?
>I'm all for dropping tools. But I don't like the sounds of ant.antlibs.
>I just don't like the repetition. I personally prefer either ant.libs or
>even just org.apache.antlibs, although the later being a new top-level
>name is probably not appropriate.
>No strong feeling really, but reading ant.antlibs is painful to me
>somehow ;-) --DD
Putting in ant on all subpackages would also lead to package
abbreviations only contaings a after an initial o.. ant / antlibs on top
level would be hard to discern as well as both would be abbreviated to
oa, so personally I'd prefer ant.libs.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message