ant-dev mailing list archives

From Martijn Kruithof ...@kruithof.xs4all.nl>
Subject Re: ResourceCollections
Date Fri, 15 Apr 2005 20:37:12 GMT
Matt Benson wrote:

>--- Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@apache.org> wrote:
>

>>On Mon, 11 Apr 2005, Matt Benson
>><gudnabrsam@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>

>>>Please don't.  If I'm going to dump this
>>>ResourceCollection stuff into HEAD I'd rather have
>>>this resolved first, and right now only five
>>>committers have shown any interest in this aspect!
>>>

>> :)
>>
>>For the record, I'd like some explicit way to say
>>"this is the <and>
>>usable as Condition" in some way.  Guess that makes
>>me pro-roles.
>>

>Thanks for speaking on the record.  :)  So roles must
>either come from some form of antlib (vote ant:role !)
>or... what?
>
>-Matt

At first I thought I understood the discussion, I am trying to catch up,
but now I completely lost it. I am trying to imagine what it would mean
in a trivial build file.

Is this te direction we are going with "roles":

<project name="foo" default="bar"
   xmlns:co="ant:condition"
    xmlns:set="ant:set">

<resourcecollection id="blah">
    <set:and>
        <set:files dir="foo" name="**/*.java"/>
        <set:date select="newer" date="2005/04/15"/>
    </set:and>
</resourcecollection>

</project>

Martijn