ant-dev mailing list archives

From Conor MacNeill <co...@apache.org>
Subject Re: java.lang.NullPointerException, launch.Locator.getLocationURLs
Date Wed, 13 Apr 2005 14:13:56 GMT
Please don't cross-post to the user and dev lists.

mikfaretta@tiscali.it wrote:
> please help me if you can or have sorted already my same problem with ant.
>
> Following instructions on the installation manual, I do all things described
> in installation but not able to build ant since the build -Ddist.dir=3D ain_Ant_distribution>
> dist command has the following response: access denied. When I type the ant
> command from the dos prompt I have this response:

Access denied is not good. You should sort that out before proceeding.
Also it helps when you ask this sort of question to state what
environment you are using - things like what OS, what JDK, where you got
the Ant source from, etc. "dos prompt" can mean so many things.

> C:\>ant
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>         at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Locator.getLocationURLs(Locator.java:262)

My copy of Locator.java from CVS HEAD doe snot even have 262 lines.

Conor