ant-dev mailing list archives

From Conor MacNeill <co...@apache.org>
Subject Re: References
Date Tue, 12 Apr 2005 04:38:12 GMT

Matt Benson wrote:
> Ha, I think we've been stonewalled.  What we're
> talking about is great for add* methods, but I think
> we're out of luck for create* methods.  Although I
> never use these anymore either.  Seems kind of bad to
> say "refid works on all datatypes automatically,
> unless you use createXXX methods"... :(  I may keep
> messing around with this just to see what happens
> though.
>
> -Matt

I support moving reference processing into the core. This is how mutant
worked. It is certainly a core responsibility.

It should only be done for addXXX methods. By the core-task contract
those are the elements for which the task has given the core the
responsibility for creating the element instance. For createXXX, the
task is saying that it is in control and it needs to do its own refid
processing.

Conor