ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Little bit of repository surgery
Date Mon, 11 Apr 2005 13:34:25 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> Steve Loughran wrote:
>
>> What do people think about my plan?
>

> Any possibility of not duplicating code between Maven/MavenWagon and Ant?

Been discussed. I think I may use wagon in the smartfrog impl, but not
the ant one.

(a) all the fetching is in tasks.Get already
(b) having zero dependencies makes it easier to rely on <libraries>
(c) apart from the fetching, there is security and path construction.
The latter isnt complex, and verifies that the spec is valid. A bit like
many standards bodies want two working impls of something before
approving it as a standard.

-steve