ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Reilly <peterrei...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ResourceCollections
Date Thu, 07 Apr 2005 09:55:36 GMT
I meant to reply earlier...

I do not like "ant:mappers", etc
This does not use the method "antlib:<package name>" that antlibs are meant
to be identified by. If "ant:<whatever core wants>" is used to identify
ant's antlibs', then
there is ample reason for thirdparty antlibs authors to ask for "easy to
use" XML uri identifications
for their antlibs.

I like using antlibs for thirdparty drop-in jars - antcontrib, groovy,
jware_antx, site specific types
and tasks.

For core ant types, I do not think it is a good idea - the namespace
syntax will "get in the way".

For about a year now, new mappers, conditions, selectors and filters
have been added by
making them typedefs.

We should be able to make all the current conditions, selectors and
filters be typedefs.

There are only a few name over-laps:
   and, or, not  (selectors and conditions)

Of course this will change with the selectors for the new resource
collectoioons,  - but it may be possible to
be clever.

It is quite easy to write a type that is a container for selectors and
conditions (attached) that
will act as a container for selectors or for conditions.

And condition
And selector
Available condition
Checksum condition