ant-dev mailing list archives

From Martijn Kruithof ...@kruithof.xs4all.nl>
Subject Re: Drop 1.2/1.3 support in Ant 1.7 (or sometime)?
Date Wed, 06 Apr 2005 21:56:27 GMT
Hi

I am +1 on dropping 1.2 support in ant 1.7, and -1 on dropping 1.3
support already.
This because I have the impression that 1.2 is on it's return heavily,
and testing that things
work on 1.2 is somewhat difficult on certain platforms. 1.3 seems to be
used a lot still.

As far as I recall we dropped 1.1 support once 1.4 was an established
java release in
2002, and 1.1 was at the EOL. Which left us with 3 java versions to take
into account.

1.2 is EOL, java 1.3.1 will be EOL march 30th, 2006. I suppose we should
not drop
java 1.3.1. until that date (and should drop it at the first major
release after that date).
But we could go to three supported java versions at the start of ant
1.7, by dropping 1.2
support.

Martijn