ant-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Ant Wiki] Update of "AntNewbies" by SteveLoughran
Date Fri, 22 Apr 2005 20:05:31 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Ant Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by SteveLoughran:
http://wiki.apache.org/ant/AntNewbies

The comment on the change is:
junit comments. plus a reminder about the ant user mailist.

  == This is the AntNewbies page where newbies can ask difficult but clear questions. ==
+
+ Remember that the user mail list is still the primary place for fellow Ant users to solve
problems.

   ```Question#1``` How do you escape a '''"''' in an argument to an Exec command. This is
what I have.

@@ -355, +357 @@

  ```Question#11```
  Can I use the JUnitReport Task with Unit Tests that are not part of the JUnit framework?

+ '''Answer #12''' The reporting task applies XSL transforms to XML files of test results.
Anything that generates
+ XML files of the appropriate naming policy and XML structure can be turned into the reports.
Alternatively, you can
+ extract the relevant XSL stylesheets from Ant's JAR/source tree and modify them to meet
your needs.
+
+
  ----

  ```Question#12```
@@ -380, +387 @@

  does anyone know what is going on? The FAQ confused me because I thought it was hinting
at removing my ant-junit.jar file from the lib directory, and including in in a taskdef...was
I misunderstanding the solution?

+ ```Answer#13```
+
+ It's not enough to have junit.jar on the classpath for the tests, it has to be loaded in
the same classloader as Ant's junit task. Either add junit.jar to ANT_HOME/lib ${user.home}/.ant/.lib.
The alternate solution (a new declaration of the Ant junit tasks after removing ant-junit.jar
from ANT_HOME/lib) is not recommended for beginners.
+
+ To verify that your libraries are set up right, run "ant -diagnostics". This will list tasks
that are not available. Do not attempt to run JUnit if the -diagnostics option tells you that
junit is not available or missing a dependency.
+