ant-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Ant Wiki] Update of "AntNewbies" by SteveLoughran
Date Tue, 19 Apr 2005 14:19:52 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Ant Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by SteveLoughran:
http://wiki.apache.org/ant/AntNewbies

The comment on the change is:
point user at manual.

  I have downloaded ant, and now I am trying to install it using the directions on the apache
page. I am typing 'build install' in the command prompt (I am on windows XP) but I get this
error :::  'build' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
  operable program or batch file.

+
+ '''Answer #10''' Clearly then, "build" is not a valid command. Consult the section "Running
Ant" in the documentation to get an up to date list of which commands Ant actually provides.
or examine ANT_HOME/bin.
+