ant-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: ResourceCollections
Date Fri, 15 Apr 2005 21:14:51 GMT
--- Martijn Kruithof <jm@kruithof.xs4all.nl> wrote:
> Well that would be up to the "user". Would it mean
> for us that the code
> must be in different libraries, or is it enough if
> the classes are
> defined in separate property files / marked with
> special values, while
> the classes can still be blended in in core ant.

right, what I have been working with is to remove the
restriction against "ant:.*" namespaces (from
AntlibDefinition).  The classes are as you guessed in
the core.  All this really is, is creating a shorthand
for our own antlibs, for scoping.  "By role" is just a
convenient way to separate the overlapping component
names, which cause the immediate need for something
along these lines.  So the easy rule is, in RE terms,
"ant:(.*)" -> "load resource
org.apache.tools.ant.\1.xml" as an antlib.

So far this seems to me to be a good solution in terms
of simplicity of implementation, and probably as good
as possible in terms of ease of use while achieving
full qualification for overlapping component names.

-Matt