ant-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Introducing AntUnit
Date Fri, 15 Apr 2005 15:11:46 GMT
> Hi,
>
> inspired by the creative use of <macrodef> and
> <fail> others (mainly
> Matt and Steve) have shown in our tests, the idea of
> AntUnit we had a
> long time ago surfaced in my mind again.

Cool.  I'm pretty sure it was some of Steve's tests
that inspired me to start writing tests that way.  Now
it's my aim to test as much as possible in pure Ant.
This means that my JUnit tests are simplistic shells,
and though I must have missed the boat the first time
this idea came up, I have lately thought "why do I
have this practically-empty Java file?" at least once.

[SNIP]
> What do you think?  Is this worth the effort?

I like it.

-Matt