ant-dev mailing list archives

From ChrisW <cw94...@yahoo.com>
Subject Command line option to set entity resolver implementation class
Date Sat, 09 Apr 2005 04:37:35 GMT
Would it be possible to add a command line option
to set an entity resolver to Ant?

I ask because projects I work on have many Ant build
scripts that use common target definitions which we
include via external entities, as in:

<!DOCTYPE project [
  <!ENTITY prologue SYSTEM
    "http://web/devtools/src/ant/prologue.ant">
  <!ENTITY % targets SYSTEM
    "http://web/devtools/src/ant/targets.ant">
   %targets;
]>

But we'd like to be able to change the deployment URIs
by overriding them in an XML catalog, instead of
editing many Ant scripts.  The xmlcatalog task does
not  fit the bill for this, since it does not provide
catalog resolution for the parser instance that Ant,
itself is using.  I could even implement the change
myself, but only if it would be accepted.

Thanks,

  -Chris