ant-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Ant Wiki] Update of "AntNewbies" by MatthewSherian
Date Fri, 01 Apr 2005 18:09:11 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Ant Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by MatthewSherian:
http://wiki.apache.org/ant/AntNewbies

  '''Answer #7''' - Use the <depend> task. It will handle most of what you want.

+
+ ```Question#8``` How can I perform an if-then-else construct for building multiple JARs/WARs
within a single build.xml
+
+ I am attempting to merge two disparate code bases, but keep them logically separate at run-time.
The used to live in two different app servers. I have refactored them, but am running into
problems getting them to assign to each jar. I presume that I want to have a condition such
as...
+ {{{
+     <target name="jar" description="Determine what fileset goes to what jar.">
+         <property name="DESTINATION_JAR" value="" />
+         <condition property="${DESTINATION_JAR}" value="reporting.jar">
+             <or>
+             </or>
+         </condition>
+         <condition property="${DESTINATION_JAR}" value="reportsvr.jar">
+             <or>
+         </condition>
+     </target>
+ }}}
+
+ In the <or></or> block I'd  like to test if a certain set of filenames exist
within a directory and if so populate a fileset that will be built into the jar.
+