ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Raja Nagendra Kumar" <Nagendra.ku...@erasmic.com>
Subject Re: Ant Jar doubt
Date Tue, 12 Apr 2005 11:23:06 GMT
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. My reply in-line

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve Loughran" <stevel@apache.org>
To: "Ant Developers List" <dev@ant.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, April 12, 2005 4:41 PM
Subject: Re: Ant Jar doubt

> Raja Nagendra Kumar wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > When ever we jar I see in the manifest 'Ant-Version: Apache Ant 1.6.2'
this
> > line. Could any one tell me how to avoid this.
>
> I dont know if there is a way to do this (yet)

Is there any custom tasks written by any one which could be used for this
purpose.

> > And also I want to put few
> > properties of mine in a way the squence of these properties are
maintinated
> > in manifest. My observation here is sqence is altered.
>
> I dont believe that code should depend on the order; its part of the
> manifest specification. We'd only be encouraging bad practices if enabled.

This is because, my client (J2ME Game publisher) is asking for this order..
Any case why should the oder be manipulated by the jar command. Why does it
not take the things in way it has been provided ..

Regards,
Nagendra