ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: a few questions (sorry quite long)
Date Tue, 01 Mar 2005 21:07:41 GMT
On Mon, 28 Feb 2005, James Fuller <jim.fuller@ruminate.co.uk> wrote:

> - does scriptdef have namespace capability

I read in a comment on my blog that a user found the only way to place
a scriptdef'ed task into a namspace other than default was putting it
into an antlib.  This feels wrong.

> - note: there is no 2005 copyright in ant manual/docs

We only change that on files that have actually changed.

> -main/org/apache/tools/bzip
> -main/org/apache/tools/bzip2
> -main/org/apache/tools/mail
> -main/org/apache/tools/tar
> -main/org/apache/tools/zip
> excuse my ignorance here (well if u never ask questions...)....are
> these are org.apache.tools packages used by other apache projects

No.  They've been forked into Avalon Excalibur once and from there to
Jakarta Commons, but our version is tested and used the most 8-)

> perhaps we could prune
> -main.com.ice.tar
> -main.com.oreilly.servlet

Are they still there?  I don't see them in my working copy.

The directories have been created by the originial sorce import.  They
are org.apache.tools.tar and org.apache.tools.mail now.

Stefan