ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: diff -b
Date Wed, 30 Mar 2005 06:58:33 GMT
On Tue, 29 Mar 2005, Jesse Glick <jesse.glick@sun.com> wrote:

> By the way, this kind of diff:

<snip/>

> ...is rather easier to read if you pass -b to cvs diff.

True, but then you'd miss if anybody committed tabs instead of spaces 8-)

> In principle a semantically important change could be skipped over,

Sometimes I split my commits into two, one for the real change and one
adjusting the indentation of the code.  But I don't always remember to
do it.

> Do we have any influence over the CVS commit mailer script?

Not much, and possibly even less once we switch to svn (since svn diff
uses less options unless you tell it to use a specific external diff
command IIRC).

Stefan