ant-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Ant 1.6.3 release candidate
Date Tue, 15 Mar 2005 11:23:37 GMT
On Tue, 15 Mar 2005, Peter Reilly <peterreilly@apache.org> wrote:

> Should we wait a few more days?

Maybe yes.

I do have a few bug assigned to me that I want to fix, basically
javadoc and cvstagdiff.  The later will involve adding a new class and
has the potential to cause trouble, so I'd feel more comfortable if we
waited two more days (either I get things done until tomorrow evening
my time, or I won't this week).

And then I'm holding back two patches that I want to see confirmed
before I merge them.  If we don't get confirmation, they'll stay in
CVS HEAD - if we get confirmation that the nightly builds work, I
don't have a problem with merging them between RC and final release.

After that there will still be about ten or twenty reports that I
could look into, but I should get real and say I won't manage to do so
before 1.6.3.  If we want to get this ready by April, that is.

Of the 260+ reports that are real bug reports (not enhancement
requests), there are > 20 reports against optional SCM tasks nobody of
us can test, > 20 reports against J2EE tasks for containers nobody of
us uses and around 10 against jspc and ejbjar each, which I don't use
and don't have the environment or knowledge to test either.

And many reports are of the "really an enhancement request", "not
really a bug" or "we should mark it as WONTFIX" category.

Stefan

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@ant.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@ant.apache.org


Mime
View raw message