ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to modernize Jikes support?
Date Wed, 16 Mar 2005 10:25:32 GMT
On Wed, 16 Mar 2005, Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@apache.org> wrote:

> So far I haven't checked which version of jikes added the new
> features, version 1.15 (released 2001) on my Linux box does support
> -bootclasspath but neither -g:none nor -extdirs.

Well, that's what it says, at least.  Looking at the source[1],
-extdirs and -sourcepath have been added for 1.14 and -g:* for 1.15
(together with -source and -target that we already support
unconditionally in Jikes.java).  Current is Jikes 1.22.

With this I'm leaning towards supporting the new features in jikes
unconditionally (and tell people to upgrade at least to 1.15 if they
run into problems).

Stefan

Footnotes:
[1]  http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/jikes/jikes/src/option.cpp?view=log