ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Dominique Devienne" <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: Re: Prototype work on XML+XSL based Ant doc
Date Tue, 29 Mar 2005 16:35:56 GMT
> From: Matt Benson [mailto:gudnabrsam@yahoo.com]
> Beyond that, while I have DL'd these bug
> attachment(s), I haven't yet looked at them simply
> because my lack of expertise in this area means that
> whenever I get into this I will have to refer to XSLT
> references before I know what I'm looking at.  :)

At this point we're simply discussing whether the XML is
acceptable to author, i.e. it's not too much of a burden
compared to the HTML we're authoring right now. So far
Peter said it was too verbose, Stefan said it was OK, and
Jim argued for more alignment on XML technologies (which
tend to make the XML even more verbose).

And also compare the existing HTML to the generated one.

By all means look at the XSL, but it's not necessary. --DD