ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Dominique Devienne" <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: Ant build.xml and batchtest
Date Tue, 22 Mar 2005 21:35:49 GMT
> From: Matt Benson [mailto:gudnabrsam@yahoo.com]
>
> Currently the batchtest includes **/*Test* .  I would
> like to add the capability to override this to Ant's
> buildfile.  The reason I am raising a short discussion
> is that the simplest means of doing this would be to
> add a property for use by the run-tests target,
> without attempting to circumvent or override any of
> the "calculated exclusions" present in the same
> fileset:
>
> <property name="includetests" value="**/*Test*" />
>
> <junit...><batchtest>
>   <fileset dir="${tests.dir}"
>            includes="${includetests}" />

> Does anyone have any major objections?

Fine by me. That's what we do in all our builds. We never had two
targets to run all tests or just one like in Ant, we just configure the
one to run all or less tests. Makes sense when developing a particular
piece of code.

Here are our default properties. --DD

PS: testtype and testconfig are for a custom selector that allows
    further categorization of tests.

    <!-- Select which tests to run. Defaults to all UNIT tests -->
    <property name="testcases" value="**/test/*Test.class" />
    <property name="testcases.excludes" value="" />
    <property name="testtype" value="UNIT" />
    <property name="testconfig" value="" />