ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Dominique Devienne" <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: FileSets with optional basedir and absolute paths for includes
Date Wed, 09 Mar 2005 17:03:35 GMT
> From: Stefan Bodewig [mailto:bodewig@apache.org]
> On Wed, 9 Mar 2005, Matt Benson <gudnabrsam@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > --- Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@apache.org> wrote:
>
> >> Then we could add another implementation of FileCollection that's
> >> much like FileSet but doesn't require a basedir.
> >
> > Then wouldn't it still be easiest to extend AFS and move the
> > "dir-not-null" checks to DirSet and FileSet, or to a second abstract
> > DirbasedFileSet class and change DirSet and FileSet to extend that?
>
> Works for me - either approach.

Well... setDir(File dir) is still on AFS. We can't get it out for BC,
and having it there makes it visible to IH. Yes, you can throw in the
FileBag (;-), but it's still visible to the FileBag API, when it really
shouldn't be.

I wouldn't -1 extending AFS, but I don't see it as clean.
I'm -0 then. --DD