ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Dominique Devienne" <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: Ant documentation
Date Wed, 09 Mar 2005 16:05:08 GMT
> From: Stefan Bodewig [mailto:bodewig@apache.org]
>
> On Wed, 9 Mar 2005, Matt Benson <gudnabrsam@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > --- Peter Reilly <peterreilly@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> >> This looks like a really cool method.
> >
> > Agreed; I have been following this discussion and had
> > hoped that (especially with its latest additions) we
> > could utilize IntrospectionHelper in some way.
>
> The problem with IntrospectionHelper vs. source code based is that
> don't know which attributes are required/mutally exclusive whatever
> via IH.

Yes and no Stefan. IH is used to just a listing if you will of
what needs to be documented, and this listing is later used to
fetch all the Javadoc comments for these attributes/elements.

It's then the doc itself that documents these exclusions, simply
as text as now, or using some custom Javadoc tags, although finding
good names and semantic for describing exclusions is not easy, so
we may stick to simply text in the first instance. --DD