ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Dominique Devienne" <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: cvs commit: ant/src/testcases/org/apache/tools/ant DirectoryScannerTest.java
Date Wed, 09 Mar 2005 15:13:25 GMT
> From: Stefan Bodewig [mailto:bodewig@apache.org]
> On Tue, 8 Mar 2005, Matt Benson <gudnabrsam@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > On a related note, ClasspathUtilsTest is marked as run
> > unless running.in.gump .  But it (seemingly rightly
> > so) fails whenever tests.and.ant.share.classloader is
> > true.
>
> Yes, just tried with -Djunit.fork="true" and it fails - because
> build/classes and ant.jar are in the same classloader that way.

I find this pretty weird, if not dangerous. I don't understand
why we don't just fork the tests all the time (putting all classes
in the same classloader), not having to exclude some tests with
tests.and.ant.share.classloader...

But now a test requires the reverse!?!? What ugliness is hiding
beyond this failing test I wonder? --DD