ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Dominique Devienne" <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: [Ant Wiki] Updated: Ant17/Planning
Date Thu, 03 Mar 2005 17:58:25 GMT
> + * rename junit.jar to junit-3.8.1 in SCM, for <libraries>
integration.
> As this is only in lib/optional, effects should be minimal (i.e.
rename
> wont be visible to end users) [done].

Well, it won't be fully transparent to those of us that check in the Ant
distro under SCM control, but we'll manage.

It also won't be transparent to the many developers which use the
IntelliJ Ant integration of their IDEs, for example, because prior de
IntelliJ 4.5 (and we haven't all updagred), you had to manually define
the ClassPath to use for the integrated Ant build, by adding all Jars
from ant/lib. So renaming a Jar will break these users config too.

I'm just re-iterating this fact, to refrain from too much renaming from
distro to distro, when not strictly necessary. Thanks, --DD