ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jan.Mate...@rzf.fin-nrw.de
Subject AW: manual with css
Date Mon, 07 Mar 2005 11:25:53 GMT
> > What do people think about this?

first look is good, some differences, but I have to look deeper into that.
(comparing echo-css with subant)

> Is eeeeee like a soft grey?

yep. RGB 000000=black FFFFFF=white

> The generated docs are generated from the xdocs right?

no. Java-Sources --XDoclet--> HTML
First shot of autogenerating the manual from the sources (somewhere in the
proposal section)

> As an aside, I'm converting the current html in docs/manual
> to docbook format, (copying them, renaming them as foo.xml and then
> replacing all the damn tags),

Lot of work - but with a future?
I dont want to keep you doing that (it seems that you like doing that :) but
we should
port that to a more solid base. Which means: supported by the Ant team.
ATM the manual is written in HTML. Our vision is writing the manual inside
the java sources
and generate the "readable" form via XDoclet. One of the ideas was
  *.java --XDoclet--> *.xml --Forrest--> *.html, *.pdf
and let Forrest do creating a complete Ant manual as one pdf file using its
aggregate facility.

> and I'm finding more than a few unclosed
> tags, spelling mistakes etc.

report them :-)

Jan