ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jan.Mate...@rzf.fin-nrw.de
Subject AW: extra diagnosis
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2005 08:59:29 GMT
> > 3. do we want this extra diagnosis in 'ant -diagnosis'? OR something
> > like
> >
> > ant -diagnosis taskname
> > to trigger a task analysis (and nothing else)
> >
> > i like that latter;
>
> Me too.

That needs the possibility to pass args.
ATM the
  ant -diagnostics taskname
sounds to start the target "taskname". -help, -version and -diagnostics quit
the oata.Main.processArgs() method without any additional parameters so this
wouldnt
happen. But supplying a parameter for these attributes would be incosistent
to the usual
invocation syntax
  ant [options] [targetname]

IMO something like
  ant -diagnostics -- taskname
would be more consistent. And it would allow to pass additional parameters
(I think DD has
done a Bug for that :)

Jan