ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: complex signing logic in signjar
Date Tue, 22 Mar 2005 16:18:54 GMT
Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> Steve,
>
> I think signjar is one of the least used tasks in Ant.  IIRC we even
> shipped a version of Ant where signjar didn't work at all (I think Ant
> 1.2) and it took quite some time until anybody complained.

Methinks it is kind of underused from the command line too, else the
bugs would have been fixed.

if you provide the -signedjar param, and that file equals your source
file, the JVM toasts. That is usually pretty hard to do; I am impressed.

   [signjar] #
   [signjar] # An unexpected error has been detected by HotSpot Virtual
Machine:
   [signjar] #
   [signjar] #  SIGBUS (0x7) at pc=0x40bb6a62, pid=25065, tid=1075183744
   [signjar] #
   [signjar] # Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (1.5.0_01-b08 mixed mode)

   [signjar] # Problematic frame:
   [signjar] # C  [libzip.so+0xfa62]
   [signjar] #