ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Java 1.5.02 out
Date Wed, 16 Mar 2005 13:20:27 GMT
joy!

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/ReleaseNotes.html

-nothing in there that gets attention; no mention of -source/-target
fixes. Amusing to see one bug related to their makefile (!) for signing:

"Everytime we do digital signing the RE has to sit in front the computer
for 2 to 3 hours and type in the password 8 times. If there is any typo
in the password, the process will fail and has to be restart all over
again, which waste 2-3 hours of valuable time and delay the build."

The implication being its easier to have someone sit in front of a
release box for hours at a time, reentering passwords, than it is to fix
the build process. I'm glad I dont have a process like that, as I know
who'd be in front of the box...

-Steve