ant-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Conor MacNeill <>
Subject Re: When to move Ant to SVN?
Date Fri, 11 Mar 2005 00:52:47 GMT

Peter Reilly wrote:
> I do not agree.
> I think that 1.6.3 is nearly ready to go out.
> Moving to svn would delay it's release.

The problem is that when we move to svn, the usual practise is for 
infrastructure to lockdown our CVS. It will be difficult to support any 
required changes on the 1.6 branch if it's locked down. i.e. any 1.6 
support may need to be done in svn. If that's the case, it may be better 
to move to svn for the release rather than after.

If we do keep CVS open for 1.6 maintenance it will mean merging changes 
between svn (1.7) and cvs (1.6). That will be difficult, IMHO. I don't 
think we want to straddle CVS and SVN. Just a single jump across before 
the release will be cleaner.

In the end, this is just my view. If you are happy to maintain 1.6.3 
across CVS/SVN, then that's ok too.


To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message