ant-dev mailing list archives

From Conor MacNeill <co...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [patch] javadoc/html Upper->lowercase
Date Fri, 11 Mar 2005 00:16:14 GMT

Kev Jackson wrote:
> - lowercase tags
> - removed some nesting
>
> I'm seeing a lot of empty default constructors.  Is there a policy for
> keeping these?  I get moans about uncommented empty blocks, but I'd
> rather remove them if they aren't required

It is dangerous to remove default constructors. If you rely on an
implicit default constructor and someone comes and adds a new
constructor to a class, the implicit default constructor silently goes
away. Since a lot of instance in Ant are constructed by reflection, this
will not necessarily cause compilation errors. IOW, default constructors
are required and probably should be specified in all cases rather than
relying on the implicit version.

Conor