ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexey N. Solofnenko" <A.Solofne...@mdl.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Start a subproject for Ant libraries
Date Wed, 09 Mar 2005 17:10:15 GMT
  Life is never easy. I guess Subversion in a step forward comparing to
CVS.

  There are several newer revision control systems (for example, DARCS
and TLA) that provide an ability for everybody enjoy versioned
environment even if the root repository is read only. They both allow
local modification and up-branch patch submission. DARCS treats every
sandbox as a local repository simplifying not only distributed, but also
off-line development.

  If you are going to use Subversion, may I ask you at least to provide
a read-only DARCS replica of your repository for "outside" people to use?

- Alexey.