ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Start a subproject for Ant libraries
Date Tue, 08 Mar 2005 13:27:12 GMT
Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> On Tue, 08 Mar 2005, Steve Loughran <stevel@apache.org> wrote:
>
>>Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>

>>>(3.3) Bugzilla
>>>New components under product "Ant" for each new library.
>>
>>Not Jira?
>

> I'm on the fence here.  I'd like to use the same tracking system as
> Ant does and don't care much which one we use.

I'm minded towards Jira across the board then. That and SVN, even if it
is a bit fussy about proxies at times.

>>What happens if the #of committers falls below 3?
>

> Options that come to my mind:
>
> (1) search for new committers
>
> (2) retire library
>
> (3) demote library to sandbox
>
> Probably should be tried in that order.

Yes, the big problem is "what happens when an actively used library
stops being maintained". To date, with all in our codebase open to all,
it is free for anyone to edit.

Incidentally, what is with the BSH  project. It appears not to build on
gump on java1.5, and a lot of things are failing? Have all the
committers whithered away there? I fear this is the example we dont want
to replicate.