ant-dev mailing list archives

From Kev Jackson <kevin.jack...@it.fts-vn.com>
Subject Ant documentation
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2005 04:17:21 GMT
Since there has been some discussion about prodcuing better docs on the
list I thought I'd look into it.

I've recently debugged the AspectJ teams docbook, so I've had my head in
the docbook format/FOP for a couple of weeks.  I've just got a basic
transform to PDF done of the first section (really just a test section
to prove that Fop was doing it's thing) (attached for comments).

The dependencies are pretty hefty, currently I'm using :
Fop (latest 20.5 or something)
Saxon (something like version 6, not sure on this, but it works)
Docbook 4.1.2 I think, again a little unsure, and I've made a couple of
bug fixes to this version too.

Anyway, with the correct config, it's a fairly simple build file to
generate the pdf, although rewriting the manual from html->xml will be a
chore (although by no means impossible :)

Thoughts/comments more than welcome

Kev