ant-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Re: Prototype work on XML+XSL based Ant doc
Date Tue, 29 Mar 2005 17:27:23 GMT
--- Dominique Devienne <DDevienne@lgc.com> wrote:
> > From: Matt Benson [mailto:gudnabrsam@yahoo.com]
> > The bugreport says you started w/ Introspection to
> get
> > here... I wonder if there is some way we can
> combine
> > this doc initiative with Kev Jackson's suggestions
> on
> > validation to set up some kind of
> element/attribute
> > matrix evaluation to define compatibility between
> > attributes/elements.  Better yet, get this
> information
> > into a single XML format used in documentation and
> > referenced at runtime for validation and error
> > reporting...
> >
> > Does that sound un-doable?
>
> From my POV, I have more than enough on my plate
> trying to
> sort the doc out ;-) I'll leave you explore this.
> Until now
> I've done fine doing my own validation, with little
> utility
> methods like assertNotNull, assertNotSet, etc...
> --DD

Yeah, I didn't necessarily mean YOU should do it... :)
I think we all need bigger plates.  But that aside, I
do find the idea interesting (though since it was at
least partly mine I guess I would).  Again the biggest
win here would be--in theory--a single-shot at
validating and documenting task configuration options.

-Matt