ant-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: FileCollections WAS FileSets with optional basedir and absolute paths for includes
Date Thu, 10 Mar 2005 16:36:03 GMT

> On Thu, 10 Mar 2005, Stefan Bodewig
> <bodewig@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > Resource instead of File could be even better.
>
> Just to be clear, I'm talking about the existing
> oata.types.Resource
> here which already gets used by zip family of tasks.

Yeah, not a bad idea.  Do you think we are setting
ourselves up for trouble here, though?  If a task
needs actual Files, for whatever reason... it calls
FileUtils.copyFile, it passes filenames to another
class or executable... then we have to check that we
are not dealing with ZipEntries, right?  Also, you
have the fact that Resource names are often going to
be relative, so we would have to add the basedir into
the Resource in order for a standalone Resource to be
meaningful, or convert every Resource to absolute
form, which still doesn't catch the ZipEntries...

Thoughts on this?

-Matt