ant-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: FileSets with optional basedir and absolute paths for includes
Date Wed, 09 Mar 2005 16:43:28 GMT
> On Wed, 9 Mar 2005, Dominique Devienne
> <DDevienne@lgc.com> wrote:
>
> > I agree with Peter. I don't like this.
>
> Me too.
>
> > Just create such a new type, like <filebag>,
>
> "just" 8-)
>
> My idea I never found time to follow through is a
> FileCollection
> interface implemented by AbstractFileSet and
> FileList - and then
> retrofit tasks to have public void
> add(FileCollection) methods.

Not the end of the world, but it seems like a pity to
put in all those add methods (or at least a lot of
work).

> And of course gave <join> and <intersect> tasks that
> work on those
> collections and create new ones.
>
> Then we could add another implementation of
> FileCollection that's much
> like FileSet but doesn't require a basedir.

Then wouldn't it still be easiest to extend AFS and
move the "dir-not-null" checks to DirSet and FileSet,
or to a second abstract DirbasedFileSet class and
change DirSet and FileSet to extend that?  By chance,
none of the incompatible classes reference AFS
directly ; only FileSet and DirSet.  I suppose that
still doesn't 100% guarantee BC though.  :(

-Matt