ant-dev mailing list archives

From jful...@ruminate.co.uk
Subject Re: Ant documentation
Date Wed, 09 Mar 2005 10:32:54 GMT
jfuller@ruminate.co.uk wrote ..
> > > The main problem here is that there is no unique answer 8-)
> > >
> > > My guess is the following is more or less true:
> > >
> > > (1) autogenerate as much of the docs as possible from the Java sources.
>
> yes within reason

opps hit the send button a little too quickly,

to me the only question now, to harmonise generation of documentation from java source code
is to decide if XDoclet generates a native xdoc or limited docbook format....to be honest
doing either is an option.

IMHO, its interesting to think of a task having

- embedded documentation in java source code
- task markup which could override, amend, or provide full documentation
- which can be related to a library markup perhaps controlled by ant.apache.org, though not
necc.

whereby its own build script can generate its own individual documentation (be it docbook
or xdoc) and scale up to fit into Apache Ant build documentation system.

--Jim Fuller