ant-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: ant/src/testcases/org/apache/tools/ant DirectoryScannerTest.java
Date Mon, 07 Mar 2005 16:18:00 GMT

> On Mon, 7 Mar 2005, Matt Benson
> <gudnabrsam@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > That's what I thought, but the test got:
> >
> > [junit] java.lang.IllegalAccessError: tried to
> access
> > method org.apache.tools

.ant.DirectoryScanner.getScannedDirs()Ljava/util/Set;
> > from class
> org.apache.tools.ant.DirectoryScannerTest
>
> How do you run the tests?

ant
-Dtestcase=org.apache.tools.ant.DirectoryScannerTest
test

> Looks like a classloader issue (your test has been
> loaded from a
> different classloader than the class to test which
> means they are not
> inside the same package).
>
> There are other tests that rely on being in the same
> package, we
> exclude them via the tests.and.ant.share.classloader
> property.

Do these get run by Gump in any way?  I would think,
DS being one of the fundamental classes to Ant, we
would want these tests run.

But I'd still like to know how to run such a test.  :)

Thanks,
Matt