ant-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Bierhoff <cool6...@yahoo.com>
Subject WAS 5.1 ADMIN TASKS from ANT
Date Fri, 04 Mar 2005 04:18:36 GMT
I am trying to install an application to WAS 5.1 app server
on linux box through ANT build script.I
kept wsanttask.jar in my ant\lib\. Here is the ant task
<taskdef name="wsInstallApp"
classname="com.ibm.websphere.ant.tasks.InstallApplication"/>

<wsInstallApp
wasHome="${wasInstallationdir}"
ear="abc.war"
server="server1"
conntype="SOAP"
host="hostname"
port="xxxx"/>
while running the ant script am gettiing this message :

Installing Application
Unable to parse setupCmdLine: \usr\WebSphere\AppServer\bin\setupCmdLine.bat (The system
cannot find the path specified)
[wsadmin] The java class is not found: com/ibm/ws/bootstrap/WSLauncher
[wsadmin] Java Result: 1 [wsInstallApp] Installed Application

I came to know that I can not excute WAS admin
tasks from Windows XP while Websphere version is 5.1 (Which is running on Linux box).
Can any body help me with this. I need to run ant script from my XP machine and
install the app on Websphere which is running on Linux.
Thanks,

Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!