ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [FYI] Re: Time to start prodding laggard PMCs re: Subversion?
Date Thu, 10 Feb 2005 15:35:39 GMT
On Thu, 10 Feb 2005, Dominique Devienne <DDevienne@lgc.com> wrote:
> [...]

Vaguely.  Nothing that really pushes projects over the edge.  Expect
something like end-of-2005.

>> Expect me to (finally) propose an antlibs subproject and an
>> svn-antlib soon 8-)
>
> What kind of support though? A wrapper-like task like current CVS
> support, which thus doesn't bring a dependency but can't be tested,
> or a pure Java client?

Yep.

> I was recently browsing the SVN site and thought I saw mentioned a
> pure Java client in the links section. --DD

There are native/JNI and pure Java alternatives, that I'd even
recommend to use, if you want that.  But if lack of <svn> coming from
ant.apache.org really keeps projects from switching, they could get
what they need quickly by the command line wrapper.

Stefan