ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Some tests fail when we use Crimson (i.e. JDK 1.4)
Date Fri, 25 Feb 2005 08:09:19 GMT
... expect the first Gump nag mail in about three hours 8-)

After I've added test-ant-no-xerces we find some places where we are
either Xerces centric or expect things to work where Crimson isn't
good enough.

The whole project passed on JDK 1.5, so we are pretty save there.

Things failing on plain JDK 1.4 are:

* org.apache.tools.ant.IncludeTest

handling of relative URIs seems to be broken.

* org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.SchemaValidateTest

well, Crimson doesn't support XSD.

Is there any way to detect whether a parser supports XSD from within
the build file and skip the test?

Should the test pass gracefully?

* org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.XmlValidateTest

same as above.

Stefan