ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject that svn task
Date Fri, 11 Feb 2005 14:02:38 GMT
is more-or-less done.

While I worked on the task I realized how limited the original cvs
task actually is, and likewise the svn task is as limited.

It may be worth to add a few more global attributes like --force,
--encoding and similar.

One of the hardest parts is authentication.  It seems as if the
equivalent of <cvspass> would need to calculate the hashcode
Subversion creates for the file in ~/.subversion/svn.simple/ and even
then it couldn't generate the full contents of it easily.

I saw that AbstractCvsTask does not use a redirector.  Well, maybe it
should and so should AbstractSvnTask so at least svn had the chance to
receive the password from stdin.

I'm pretty underwhelmed by what the task does and how, but then again
it didn't take more than two hours to write it.

Stefan