ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Antlib Subproject
Date Fri, 11 Feb 2005 15:32:58 GMT
On Fri, 11 Feb 2005, Matt Benson <gudnabrsam@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I like it.

Great.

> My only concern at the moment is this: Am I correct that part of
> this effort (likely a very early part) would be the assigning of
> existing tasks/types to proper subprojects,

No, that's not intended (by me) at all.  If we ever want to farm out
existing Ant tasks into antlibs, that's fine.  I'm more concerned with
completely new tasks, that I'd like to offer a home in Ant-land
without adding even more stuff to Ant.

I can see good reasons to split out some of the tasks, but certainly
not all of them.  The whole bunch of SCM specific tasks could be
antlibs of their own, for example.  A release of Ant could then bundle
a specific release of these Antlibs.  This is an idea, but not the
driving force behind my proposal.

Stefan