ant-dev mailing list archives

From Yves Martin <yves.mar...@elca.ch>
Subject Re: Patch proposal for 1.6.3: parse a Ant project from a resource
Date Wed, 02 Feb 2005 08:54:45 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicolaken@apache.org> writes:

> Yves Martin wrote:
>> "Jose Alberto Fernandez" <jalberto@cellectivity.com> writes:
>>>Of course, if such a place needs to exists for you to
>>>store the other files in your project, then the question
>>>is why don't you put the buildfile there as well?
>>  Good question. Here is the context:
>>  - I'm writing a build system with a 'pure' Ant (that may be open-sourced as
>>    soon as internal politic debates are over)
>>  - My build system plugin structure is simple: a jar with compiled classes and
>>    one or many Ant build file as resources. Of course such build file must
>>    fulfill constraints to work properly.
>
> Have you considered the use of an antlib for it?

 I'm not sure to understand well what you mean behind that question.

 My answer is yes, when a plugin provides Ant tasks, they are refered in a
 antlib.xml with a dedicated URI. But a plugin does not provide systematically
 Ant tasks.

 In my build system, a plugin has a 'configure' target that is executed to
 extend the build system with plugin features: targets, generated properties,
 tasks...

 All that stuff is provided in a plugin Ant build file, which is read as a
 resource directly from the jar it is stored in. That's why I would like the
 BuildException not to be thrown in ProjectHelper2 when asking to parse a URL.

 Regards,
--
Yves Martin