ant-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <>
Subject Re: AW: IDEA for free!?
Date Wed, 09 Feb 2005 13:36:08 GMT
JetBrains gave all Ant committers a free non-commercial license a few
years ago and I've been using it ever since.  It's nice they've
generalized this.

I am on the fence with IDEA and Eclipse.  I use both interchangeably,
but I lean towards IDEA because it is quicker and friendlier.

On Feb 9, 2005, at 2:07 AM, wrote:

> Another thing. You are only allowed to use the software for one year.
>   Upon Your acceptance of this License Agreement (the "Agreement"),
> JetBrains grants to You a
>   non-exclusive and non-transferable 1-year license to use the
> Software,
> provided that You
>   agree to the following ...
> Jan
> -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
> Von: Dominique Devienne []
> Gesendet am: Dienstag, 8. Februar 2005 23:38
> An: Ant Developers List
> Betreff: FYI: IDEA for free!?
> JetBrains offers free IntelliJ IDEA licenses
> By ADT Staff
> JetBrains will announce this week that it will offer open-source
> developers no-cost user licenses for its IntelliJ IDEA integrated
> development environment for Java.  The company says the offer is open
> to developers of "qualifying open-source projects," without really
> specifying what that means, other than saying the project must be
> recognized by the open-source community.
> Developers taking part in the JetBrains initiative will be able to use
> JetBrains' tools with everything they need in one intelligent IDE,
> dramatically improving their productivity and quality of code, the
> company says. JetBrains will also provide support.
> Licenses will be valid for one year and will apply to all product
> upgrades during that period, with annual renewals required for
> continued use. More details on the qualification process are available
> at

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message