ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jose Alberto Fernandez" <jalbe...@cellectivity.com>
Subject RE: [FYI] Re: Time to start prodding laggard PMCs re: Subversion?
Date Thu, 10 Feb 2005 16:01:53 GMT
> From: Stefan Bodewig [mailto:bodewig@apache.org]
>

> There are native/JNI and pure Java alternatives, that I'd
> even recommend to use, if you want that.  But if lack of
> <svn> coming from ant.apache.org really keeps projects from
> switching, they could get what they need quickly by the
> command line wrapper.

I could be nice, although I know it means more work, to try
to come up with a common "Open-Source-Version-Control"
fasade (or API) with implementations using CVS, SVN (commands)
and SVN (java) implementations underneath.

Lets, face it, just like for compiling java, or compiling EJBs,
there are many providers but quite a few of the tasks are
common and ANT could provide tasks that will do the right thing
underneath. This would also simplify migrating projects
since you can first migrate to use this common tasks,
and then migrate the repository without loosing operability.

Jose Alberto